Monday, October 06, 2008

Brainwaves

Driving into to work this morning I heard THE most random thing on the radio. I was listening to a caller on the Tom Joyner Morning Show and she wanted Tom to speak to the listeners to encourage them on how important it was to vote because of an experience she had while at the beauty shop this weekend. This lady, who lives in Michigan, said she was speaking with a young girl about the elections. The girl proceeded to tell her that they don’t have to vote now because McCain dropped out of Michigan. (FreakyD, come get your cousin!!!)

I’ll wait while you pick your jaw up off of the floor.

Her mama must have spent a little too much time in front of the microwave while carrying her. Are the youngins nowadays really this lost and clueless?? Please tell me this was just a rare occurrence of stupidity and not the norm. I beg of you. My spirit is vexed.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is not a rare occurrence. There are plenty more out there...

Anonymous said...

Chickenhead syndrome helped G-Dub to get in office the first time. This is utterly ridiculous.

Anonymous said...

Damn shame.

AR Gal said...

@Black Mamba, next time just lie to me. lol

@Lady Girl...DEAD @ chickenhead syndrome! LMAO

@Southern...indeed.

Tasha said...

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks McCain pulled out of Michigan for that exact reason. They know a bunch of folks won't vote at all cuz they think they don't have to, making it easier for him to claim the popular vote.

Anonymous said...

Supposedly McCain pulled out of Michigan because Obama had a 13% lead over him, according to polls. He figured he wasn't going to win Michigan so he's putting more money into states he feels he has a better chance at like Ohio and Florida.

Quit accusing people of being my family. LOL! Mine are registered or they get clowned and talked about like a shaved dog in winter.

Yes, youngsters nowadays are dumber than a box of broken bricks. I'm sorry that's insulting to broken bricks everywhere. My bad.

I hate to say it but the chick was probably from Detroit and those are the same fools who voted Kwame in twice and the same clowns who've been polluting the City Council forever. Sorry to say but it's not rare here. :o( At this rate the Republicans won't even have to think of a way to steal the election from Obama.

Still Patrice said...

ahhhhhhh MESS!!!

AR Gal said...

Tasha, you've got a REALLY good point!

Freaky, I heard Barack is leading in OH and Florida now too. It's not a sizable lead like Michigan though. Detroit has such a bad rep. If she was from there, I can see why! By the way...you know that's your kin. lol j/k

Pajnstl.....INDEED!

Me, Myself, and I said...

Lawd have mercy! I'd like to think that was some random type of stupidity and ALL youngins don't think like that. As a matter of fact, I know quite a few who don't, so I'm not sure what's going on in Detroit. ;-)

Pamalicious said...

Well there are many of us who are not as astute of the political process as we should be. It' a learning experience for us all.

I wouldn't be so hard on her. Now ignant folks like JOE - we should be beating him upside the head with a polling booth.

AR Gal said...

@Kayla...me either

@Pamalicious, I'm sorry but that should be common knowledge. I can't excuse that type of ignorance.

Giving you what I got....musically