It is currently 48 degrees outside. The thermostat by my desk says it’s 65 degrees in the building. I am sitting at my desk with a jacket, scarf, and gloves on. I have drunk 4 cups of hot cocoa so far today…..I think I will drink one more before I leave. We cannot have space heaters. The warmest place in the building is the restroom. I sometimes just go in there to stand against the far wall (which is made of glass blocks) to warm up.
Funny story: My co-worker sent me an email with a story about her friends 2nd grader. Her friends little boy took a pocket knife to school last week; when his teacher asked him why, he said it was so he could whittle some sticks for a bonfire to heat the classroom!!
That kids onto something. Maybe I should build a bonfire so folks can gather around my desk to keep warm.
We normally keep the heat at around 70 when we are not at home (for the dogs). Now that I think about it, that still may be a bit warm for them. When we are at home, it goes no lower than 72. I’m cold natured and cannot stand for my feet, hands, and/or nose to be cold at any time.
What’s your office/home environment like? What’s your thermostat limbo? How low can ya go without freezing to death?



8 comments:
I had to defrost my hands to answer your damn question, lol lol
It's freezing in here today. It's about 50 degrees outside. It's about um 52 inside, lol
I am cold natured as well - I prefer to be able to walk around in a swim suit in my house - Minime was raised that way. Caun has lost weight from sweating, lol
But back to the office. It just makes you mad don't it - cop an attitude for no good reason.
My bedroom I like pretty cool because I throw off heat like a nuclear reactor when I'm in bed. Otherwise I like the rest of the place to be about 70-74 degrees. Anything over 75 is just too damn warm for me.
Otherwise I'm kind of like you as long as my feet, fingers, and nose aren't cold I can take chilly temperatures just fine.
At my job, we have 4 different offices. All offices have their own air/heat unit. Since its right behind my desk, I always control it the one in my area. We can't have space heaters either but a couple of people do.
I like for my house to be around 75. Usually when I go to bed, I turn the heat off or sleep with my ceiling fan on. I can't sleep warm or hot.
Hey Pam!! I cannot, for the life of me, understand why these businesses insist of freezing us to death. It is not helping my productivity at all! lol
Hey Freaky! It's easy for me to get hot and have nightsweats in bed too so I make sure the fan is blowing to keep the air flowing.
Hey Southern! I posted the comment above and saw it had jumped to 4 and was like WTF? lol
Anyway, I've got a thermostat at my desk too. I upped that sucka to 75 and don't you know I still ain't feel nothin but cold air?! lol
I was gonna sneak a space heater into work but they patroled for them a couple of weeks ago. Oh well....
We keep it at 75 I don't like the cold. And I don't like wearing clothes.
The bldg I work in feels like a frozen meat locker at all times. All year round. We aren't suppose to have heaters at work, but my boss knows I have one and haven't said anything. One day Fire Marshalls walked around checking and she blocked me at my desk to hide mine. Cool lady.
I keep the house pretty toasty when we are there, but when we leave I turn it down.
Hey Paj! Me either...especially when I'm sleep. lol
Hey She Needs! That's exactly how I describe this building. It's ridiculous and then they have the nerve to tell folks they can't have space heaters...da hell??
Thanks for stopping by!
Post a Comment