
I was saddened to learn about Dixie Carter's (aka Julia Sugarbaker from the show 'Designing Women') passing the weekend before last. I really loved that show and her character. Honestly, I loved everyone ....especially Bernice. She kept me in stiches! Black Maaaaaaaaan, Black Maaaaaaaan! LMAO
In reading the paper this past weekend, I learned something new and fun. One of the writers did a tribute article of sorts about Dixie and her favorite episodes, scenes, etc. Imagine my surprise when I read that the house (where the design firm was) featured on the show is actually a snapshot of the Villa Marre right here in Little Rock. WHO KNEW? Not me. At any rate, I think it's pretty cool.
Here's a link that details a bit more about the history of the house. I think I shall do a drive-by at lunch and take a looksie.



7 comments:
Really? I always just assumed it was a house somewhere in Atlanta. I loved Designing Women. Anthony was da bomb!
I didn't know that either. Please do a drive by and post pics. I used to love that show and it still comes on one of our cable channels sometime after midnight. I have a hard time picking a favorite character, but it might have to be Suzanne Sugarbaker. I like how shallow she seemed, but she was actually more sensitive and compassionate than people thoughts. And funny as hell!
It used to be one of my favorite shows at the time it was on. Anthony and Bernice were my favorites.
Pserendipity, me too!
MrsTDJ, I agree about Suzanne. There was a lot more to her than met the eye.
Freaky, Anthony and Bernice together was pure COMEDY!
Loved me some Designing Woman back in the day! See you got famous stuff right under your nose! :-D
I loved Designing Women. I might have to do a drive-by too. I did not know that. That's near downtown. Not far from my job.
Ladynay, I know right?! :)
Thoughts yep real close. On the corner of Daisy Bates and Scott.
Post a Comment