Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Regret

The episode on ’16 & Pregnant’ last night was a doozy and a half……..also an hour and a half. I didn’t realize that an extra 30 minutes had been tacked on until I turned the channel to watch Chelsea Lately. I hate when I miss that show.


So the episode last night followed, two young kids (of course) whose names escape me at the moment. It’s a long sordid story but it basically went down like this:


Girl has a boyfriend for 2 years (or was it 3? I heard her say both)

Girl breaks up with long time boyfriend.

Girl gets rebound guy.

Girl hunches rebound guy one night after he gives her a ride home in his truck after a party.

Girl and rebound guy get pregnant…..with TWINS. *faints*

Girl is 17. Rebound guy is a couple of years older. (They live in WV so this may or may not be considered statutory rape but no one seemed to mind. *Kanye shrug*)

Girl has twins (girls).

Guy actually steps up to the plate, sells his beloved truck for a more affordable form of transportation, gets an apartment for them all to live in, and works two jobs to make sure their ready made family is provided for.

Girl realizes she hasn’t lost that lovin’ feeling for old boyfriend.

Girl goes back to HS, sees old boyfriend, begins hanging out with old boyfriend and slowly but surely begins emotionally disconnecting with rebound guy.

Girl invites old boyfriend over to see twins. (*sigh*)

Old boyfriend gives her the cold shoulder from that point forward.

Rebound guy finds out. They argue and break-up.

Girl realizes the grass isn’t greener.

Girl begins to regret her decision and her actions.

Girl finds out rebound guy is dating other people.

Rebound guy still sees and provides for their daughters.

Girl is alone and brokenhearted.


This episode really got to me because I’ve been in a situation somewhat similar sans the pregnancy ‘cause at 17 I would have been at the clinic after the first pee stick said ‘you the mama’…HOLLA! Back in my young tender days, I was in a rocky, back and forth, break up to make up five year relationship with Lester Smudgles (obviously not the real name). Even with all that, to me he was the greatest until he wasn’t.


During the last few months, I began to have the same emotional disconnect that ‘Girl’ did, grew tired of his asshat ways, what our relationship had become (in my eyes anyway) and dumped him. Time has a way of changing you’re wants and needs, ya know. In order to divert my attention, I began dating my BFF’s brother….twin brother be exact. Not the greatest game plan but he had shown an interest and I needed something else to focus on. What better than another dude?! You know what they say’ to get over the old, get something new’. Hmmmm, that not’s quite right but you get the drift. A few months in, I realized I had made a mistake and that it just wouldn’t work. My rebound guy lived two states away and was much more immature than I remembered. And, my heart just wasn’t in it. Then…regret set in. Did I make the right decision with my long time boyfriend? Was I too hard on him…us? Late night thoughts got the best of me and I caved. I backtracked and tried to patch things up. Too late! He was boo’d up with another lover. Woe is me. Life moved on and so did I but that wasn’t the end of our story.


To be continued…maybe.



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

More please.

Gracias.

Anonymous said...

More please.

Gracias.

AR Gal said...

We shall see madam...we shall see.

Cyn said...

That episode last night had me all sorts of disturbed. I wanted to beat the heck out of that girl for rebound guy.
He was a good dude!!

Yep...we need the rest of the story.

Ladynay said...

mmm hmm, go on an finish

Anonymous said...

I don't watch that show but happen to turn to it because some folks were talking about it on twitter. And like you, if that was me at 17, my mama would have dragged me to the clinic by my hair.

We need the end of your story.

Freaky Deaky said...

The phantom missed this but he demands more or will haunt you. Hey, I'm just the messenger.

AR Gal said...

HA!

Giving you what I got....musically