Sunday, July 18, 2010

I suck...............

So BBA numbers two and three made an impromptu visit with Granny (my mom) yesterday. The plan was for me to take my mom's car to the airport (she left it at the house so she wouldn't have to pay for parking) and they would ride out to Memphis. After speaking with her yesterday afternoon before the plane took off, I pretty much knew they would be staying the night. Apparently getting through security with two small children was enough to tire her out. Hell it would probably tire me out too.

After returning to the house, I got the kids fed and took them over to the school next door so they could play and run off some of their energy and excitement from seeing me the dogs. About 20 minutes in, BBA number three showed signs of extreme crankiness and crying. Now I don't know nothing about birthin' or raisin' no babies but I do know what that means in Mommyland. NAP/BEDTIME!! I told his big brother (BBA number two) he had about ten more minutes and we were heading back to the house. BBA number three's cries were getting louder (and quite honestly more embarrassing). Thank goodness only a few people were out there with us. Then, he wanted his mommy. Being the good Auntie I am, I pulled out my phone and called her. After listening to their conversation on speakerphone, it was pretty obvious that my big sister was more interested in her nap than her spawn's need for her. Imagine that! LOL

BBA number two headed over to the another piece of play equipment to enjoy the last few minutes and surprisingly BBA number three followed. I walked over to join them and BBA number three announces "I SUCK".

Me: No you don't. What would make you say that?

BBA number three: Aunt AR Gal, I suuuuuuuuuuck

Me: *thinking what the hell*

BBA number two: He's saying he's sick

Me: Really? How the h..... thanks for telling me.

Sooooooooooo, I go and ask him where it hurts and he points to his belly.

Me: Do you have to boo boo?

BBA number three: Yes I have to boo boo

Me: Okay, we're leaving now.

He then proceeds to hurl chunks of the dinner and ice cream he had eaten.

Me: *screaming on the inside* BBA number two, let's go.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd he hurls again with bigger chunks.

Me: *turning his body the opposite way while secretly praying, please don't get it on me, please don't get it on me, please don't get it on meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*

Nothing on this planet is as gross to me than seeing someone throw up. I mean really, it's disgusting.

After Vomitgate, we haul ass back to the house. I want to pick him but (1) he's heavy and (2) I really don't want this kid blowing chunks down my back or worse...in my hair! I started to call Mistah but then thought better of it. What if he does it in the car? OMG, ew. Good thing we only live less than a quarter of a mile from the school. Once we got close enough, I put my big girl panties on and picked him up but not after asking five times if he had to throw up any more.

We made it back to the house without any further incident and BBA number two and three were promptly given a bath and put.to.bed.

If this is a preview of what's to come, I'm in trouble.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so not ready for kids. OMG!!!

Freaky Deaky said...

There are things grosser than seeing someone throw up. I can think of a few off the top of my head. LOL. I wouldn't want anyone throwing up down my back or in my car either. That's for mommy to take care of not me. *ducks and runs while giggling madly*

Ladynay said...

Good job auntie AR! *applause*

AR Gal said...

Tiffany, me either. Parents don't lie when they say it's a full time job.

But Freaky, his mama is like six hours away. Boo. :( I just hope he has all of that out of his system by the time he comes to stay here.

Thanks Ladynay!!!

Chocolate Mom aka Blupoetres said...

You had me laughing with the picture to start, all I saw was my 19month old's face and bottom lip. Then the more I read the more I literally laughed so loud I woke up my 10 yr old trying to go to sleep.

There is almost nothing grosser than vomit except for poop in the pants, up the back, and down the legs! It coulda been a lot worse. What if older brother didn't translate for you and you had picked him up to comfort him - EWWWWWWWW!!

You're a good Auntie!!

AR Gal said...

OMG, poop up the back. *shudders* That would be something their little brother would probably do. Thank goodness he's at home with their mom.

blkbutterfly said...

i felt sick to my stomach just reading this story. so, you are/were a trooper! i'm also on the not ready for kids boat...

AR Gal said...

I think my only saving grace was that I didn't actually smell it. Wanna know what's worse than seeing someone vomit? Smelling it? Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Nerd Girl said...

Vomitgate? LOLOLOLOL!!!!

I pretty much told Lovegirl when she was born that Mama's not down for puking. I can handle anything else, but not puking. I asked her to please, please, please not be a pukey child. So far, it's worked - she's only puked once in nearly 6 years.

And yes, I realize how crazy I sound...but whatever. It worked!

AR Gal said...

It doesn't sound crazy at all. I may try it during nap time when he comes back. LOL

Anonymous said...

"I suck". LOL I'm glad his brother was there to translate for you.

LOL @ your sister. I like her. They are with you. Don't call me everytime they get to whining.

It was probably the heat combined with him having a full belly.

AR Gal said...

They were just in town overnight. They will be back to stay with us in a couple of weeks.

Anonymous said...

Maybe I'll stick to dogs. Thinking about puke and poop up the back just made me want to hurl myself. Grossness.

AR Gal said...

You and me both. LOL!

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

OMG! Being that I can projectile vomit when anyone else vomits including kids I would have died! OMGEEEEE! You're a sweet aunt!

AR Gal said...

I do what I can. LOL

Jameil said...

BIRTH. CONTROL.

AR Gal said...

Who you tellin?!

kisz4tj said...

You did an excellent job. CHUNKS...Ugh...is anyone good in that dept??

Just so you know..it's not a prerequisite for being a excellent mommy :)

Giving you what I got....musically