.....I'll say it again. Okay not really, but I had to get ya'll hyped just a little.
So as you can see from yesterday's post, AR Gal was just NOT having a good day. Well, I decided to take control of my situation and get 'er done. I surfed on the net looking for ways to find radio codes for vehicles. Lucky for me and you guys as well, I found http://www.radio-code.com/. It's a site that helps you find radio unlock codes for your vehicle if you should find yourself in the situation I was in. As I was instructed yesterday by Service Man (and now by this website), you would actually have to take the radio out to find the info to get the code. *sigh* The site also informed me that and I quote, "We do not support the removal of your audio system, However, if you require assistance, try link bellow: " http://www.carstereohelp.com/. After finding my make and model I was also none to pleased to find out that I would have to pay $3.99 to find out how to do it. Whatever, let's go.
***Sidenote: My boyfriend did offer to do it but he was skeptical since and I quote: "Babe you know will cuss me out if I break something in your car." Damn straight....that's why I opted to go ahead and do it myself.*****
I get the instructions and it looks easy as hell ya'll....I kid you not. It took a little while for me to get the cover over the radio and temp. controls off but after that it was smooth sailing. I did have one mishap. I lost the screw that held the frame together for the radio and temp. controls......whatever I'll get another later if I can't find it. Besides once I put the radio back in the grooves that helps keep in place along with putting the cover over it....it only moves a little if you touch it. lol So I pull the radio out enough where I could see (with the assistance of a flashlight) and wrote down every number series that was on that sucka.....okay!!!
So this morning, I phone the LR Mitsibushi place back. The service man looks up my serial # and also has to use a MR# I wrote down because there is one other radio with the same serial # as mine. He gives me the code, talks me through programming it in and voila........WE HAVE SOUND!!! YAY!!!!! I feel a bit of justification seeing as I avoided being ripped off by doing it myself as opposed to having someone else do something that only required a bit of elbow grease and a $3.99 payment to paypal.
I hope you guys have a wonderful Fourth of July. Be safe!



5 comments:
Wooo Hoooo!!!!! Glad you got your groove back...literally! Have a good 4th!!
That's some Ladynay ish right there chick! *applause* Let there be sound!
Happy 4th!
Thanks ladies!
*takes a bow*
WOW, smart move! Congrats to you and your "new" radio, lol.
Have a great 4th...enjoy the music!!!
Girl I hear you over there ROARING!
Post a Comment