Saturday, July 05, 2008

I've Got More Ailments.....................

............than the law should allow. My potential plan of going to Memphis is all but out of the question. My back and/or my hip is feeling rather funky. Feels like it's cracked or something I swear! lol Bending over is a pain in the butt! I'm trying to think of what could have happened. I went walking yesterday but didn't jog so that's out (I guess). I didn't fall, I didn't bump into anything (yes I have to consider this as an option because I am really that clumsy) so I have no clue what's going on. Maybe I slept in a bad position....*shrugs shoulders* So as of now, I'm doped up on Excedrin with a massager/heating pad thing on my back side. I have some prescribed pain pills I could take but if I took those I would be asleep until at least 9 p.m. tonight......I'm not feelin it. If it becomes extremely unbearable I suppose I will be making a trip to the E.R. but that will be THE last resort and I'm not at that point right now. Let's face it, noone likes going to that place especially me. I've had to go there before, for myself and for others, and there is only one time I can count that I was in and out in a reasonable amount of time.

We still have yet to go see "Hancock". At the rate we are going, we may as well just wait for the dvd to come out and from what I've read, that may be a better option. We were going to an early afternoon show yesterday but by the time we had dragged our lazy behinds from a seated position, we only had 10 minutes to make it to the movie. Bump that. Z went ahead and threw some hotdogs and hamburgers on the grill for us. I made a salad, baked beans, and bought some potato salad (what!? Last time I made some it came out looking like creamed potatoes, lol), had a little watermelon for desert and that was that. We decided to forgo anything else because we usually don't eat it and end up giving the food away to his friends. I am still craving some ribs though....oh well. Maybe next time. He grills all the time so I'll be able to feast on some sooner or later.

Ironically, I'm watching Untold Stories of the E.R. on Discovery Health. If you've never seen the show, they reenact multiple stories that happened to featured doctors/nurses at hospitals in an episode. The story they are showing now is about a lady, that's kinda off in the head, that came in saying she had worms. Well, while the doctor was checking her out, he noticed that she had "tunnels" in her arms (which were so dirty and infested they were pitch black). As he was looking at one of "tunnels" in her arm, he finds out she wasn't lying. Ole' girl had worms.....as in earth worms she had lodged up her arm. Can you say ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww. *vomits* As he was taking them out, the lady got upset because she had bonded with them and had actually named the durn things. lol So the doc finishes up the one arm and is taking off his jacket because he thought he was done when the lady hauls off and says she's got worms and holds up her other arm. lol All he could do was look.

Can you imagine being that far gone mentally that you would do something like that to yourself. I don't know about you but it makes me count my blessings. Sure everyone has a lil bit of crazy in them but still........that's just....ion't know. It just makes me thankful that I'm still somewhat in my right mind.

UPDATE: I thought they were done with the story of worm lady. Ends up she had some in her thighs too. Lawd! lol

2 comments:

Sissy said...

Sorry to hear that you're jack up a bit I used to have hip/lowerback issues. I know of some specific stretches that will help if you want to hit me up on email.

Eeewww worms! Discovery health always freaks me out I don't know how you can watch it.

Feel better.

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better and stayed out of the E.R.

I haven't watched Untold Stories of the E.R. in a minute. I kind of wished I saw that episode because I'm curious how she got worms in her arms and thighs.

Giving you what I got....musically