I've always known she was an idiot but she confirmed it for me this morning.
Long story short. After she (and my aunt (my mom's half sister)) spoke with the doctor yesterday afternoon, he explained what all he had done. During the conversation, he also explains that while the surgery was successful it wasn't necessarily needed (i.e. the situation wasn't as critical as it was made out to be). So now she and my aunt are thinking she did it for attention.
*SIGH*
Okay, whatever. My take? Well, it's done now. Right? Right. I got the impression from my mom that she felt it was needed so that's all I really needed to know.
My sister on the hand? Weeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllll, she's mad at our mom for having the surgery and is refusing to take off work next week to sit with her (like we all agreed two weeks ago). She'd take the first full week, me the second and my oldest sister the third. After that, we figured she'd be at the half-way recovery mark so if the doc cleared it, she would come back down to our house and stay with us (in AR) for as long as she needed.
She claims since the cut was not horizontal versus vertical that it shouldn't take her as long to recover and that she would be fine as long as she wrapped some band around her stomach and moved around. And I quote, "As long as she doesn't get dizzy or anything, it will be okay. I had to do it, she can do it too".
o_O
And who prey tell will be there to know if she is you f'in MORON???????!!!!!!! And for the record, you were in your 20's....she's damn near SEVENTY YEARS OLD!!! BIG DIFFERENCE.....HUGE!
This was just one of many lame ass reasons she gave.
This was just one of many lame ass reasons she gave.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
I don't want to speak with her again but I'm sure all three of us will be on the phone hashing it out this evening. I doubt if she'll change her mind so I'm sure I'll be working remotely from Memphis for two weeks straight since my other sister won't be able to maneuver as easily with three small kids.
Bottom line: she had the surgery, she needs to be looked after. Our relationship is far from perfect but when push comes to shove, she's still our mother.
As you can see, I needed to vent. And now for a musical selection...........



8 comments:
Want me to hold her while you beat her senselessly about the face and head?
Unless they have some reason to think your mom is mentally ill then who the hell has that kind of surgery (or any for that matter) in order to seek attention? I don't understand how people can be so obtuse and have the nerve to be the first one crying and blaming everybody else under the sun when something bad happens.
Hope you cuss them out good tonight. Yeah, I'm mean, sue me. Glad your mom is okay and will have someone responsible keeping an eye out on her.
Aww man. She definitely needs to hold up her end of the bargain. Like you said, you can believe what you want, but she still had the surgery and she needs to be looked after. This would frustrate me too.
P.S. JUST realized the AR in you name was for your state. Duh!
Freaky, I was so livid this morning that if she were in my presence I probably would have smacked the shidoobee out of her. I've come down off the ledge since then....well kinda. LOL
K.Rock, your the second person to mention just realizing the abbreviation was for Arkansas. I guess since I've lived here all my days, I just figured folks would know. LOL
WTH????? Try not to give her too bad of a verbal lashing tonight! Geesh!
Be ready with a plan B just in case she really does not cooperate
Ugh, I hate when folks renege on their obligations. Sorry your sis is being a butt. Hopefully she'll come around. Hey, do I win a prize? I knew that AR was for Arkansas! *lol*
Too late Ladynay. The the call this evening did NOT go well...at.all. *sigh*
TDJ, she didn't....still being a horse's ass. A prize? Three cheers for you! LOL
My youngest sister is silly and evil like that so I can relate. I wish that Dr. had kept his extra comment to himself. Sorry :(
LE SIGH!!! I was hoping by this time she'd gotten it together!! BAH!! I'm glad you have the ability to work remotely to help out your mom.
Post a Comment